< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.manifestcontent.net/" /> Manifest Content .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
manifest
Side of M@


PC


M@'s Links of Interest
  • Fark
  • Universe Today
  • NRO
  • The Onion
  • Warring Factions
  • Opinion Duel
  • Deviant Art
  • Communists4Kerry
  • Hitchens Web
  • Cagle's Cartoons
  • Word Detective
  • Victor Davis Hanson
  • RatherBiased
  • RatherGate


  • Other Things M@ Likes

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    M@'s Blogs of Note
  • The God of Typing
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Junkyard Blog
  • Instapundit
  • Punditchick
  • Evan Coyne Maloney
  • Protein Wisdom


  • M@ has a Blogroll



    Archives
    July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2005



    "The slovenliness of our language makes it easier for us to have foolish thoughts" ~ George Orwell





    "An effective way to deal with predators is to taste terrible." ~ Unknown

    Listed on BlogShares




    Friday, September 17, 2004

    Bill Burkett on the Bill Maher show


    SO just surfing around with google on the keywords Bill Burkett I came across this transcript of the Real Time with Bill Maher show on HBO from February 13th of this year. James Moore, and Bill Burkett were there, and so was Heather Wilson, a Republican representative in Congress.

    The stuff speaks for itself, but emphasis and snarky comments are mine:

    First up is James Moore, who only gets asked one question.

    MAHER: Tell me why this interests you so much.

    MOORE: I ran high school track against a guy named Roy Dukes, and we all thought he was so great, Bill, that he was going to be an Olympic athlete. And I remember coming home from college one weekend, and I looked in the paper, and he was dead in Vietnam, instead of standing on the Gold Medal stand at the Olympics. And when Governor Bush decided to run for President, I knew his family background. I knew he had privilege. I knew he ended up in this champagne unit. And so, when I was on a gubernatorial debate panel way back in 1994, I thought I was sort of morally obligated to ask the question of him, and I've been waiting about ten years for an answer, and I still haven't gotten one, even though I've spent much of my life trawling for the truth on this thing.


    So while it is quite apparent that Mr. Moore did not himself serve(He was in college while his friend was dying) Bush was in the Guard instead of dying so Roy Dukes wouldn't have to. So it's personal. And he isn't going to stop until he has taken down the president. Is it possible George Bush kicked this guy's ass once? Since '94 this guy has been going after Bush over a story that didn't even make a difference back then. '94 places this all a bit late I think. This is some sort of payback for the '92 campaign when Bush the first was running against a bona fide unrepentent draft dodger, let's be honest here. I wouldn't be surprised if this was originally dirt dug up by the Clinton Campaign. Or maybe Bush just kicked his ass once.

    And then Bill turns to Burkett. There is some audio problem here, and James Moore jokes that Karl Rove is behind it. Sound familiar?


    MOORE: This is all Karl Rove, by the way, doing this. [laughter] [applause] [cheers]

    MAHER: All right, now that we have the sound back, let me ask you one question I did want to ask you. What struck me as a little 'coinkydinky,' Colonel, is that three times in the space of ten days, you were witness to some sort of cover-up there. I mean, you heard ' you overheard a conversation where Bush's henchmen were saying, 'Cleanse the records,' then you saw someone cleansing the records. And then there was another incident where you heard a ranking officer order the guy who cleansed the records to review the Bush file and remove any documents. Does it seem odd that one guy would see three instances in ten days?


    Ok, that's actually a pretty good question from Bill. No Republican shill, he wins points for sanity here. It does seem kinda fishy, huh? But Burkett has a good answer too! Watch him forge Kerry's campaign material fully seven months in advance:



    BURKETT: Probably. It does seem odd. But at the same time, I was just the wrong man at the wrong time. It was because we were doing the strategic plan. We were trying to make the Guard more effective to the active components and actually make it usable. And to make the efforts and the investments of the American people more relevant to the active force. There was a good intent of the people, and I was heading that effort, or at least coordinating that effort, Bill. And the one thing that I think is important ' is it odd that I was there? I don't know. I don't know what put me there, but I was there and I told the truth.


    Can you say "I'm pulling this out of my ass right now, but give me a little bit of time and I'll have something whipped up?" If he doesn't know what put him there, maybe it was the little green men that live in the center of the earth!



    posted by M@ at 3:00 AM   2 comments links to this post

    2 Comments:

    At 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Conservatives in Congress this week killed a series of proposed amendments to the Homeland Security spending bill, including funding increases to secure ports, airports, borders, chemical plants and rails, as well as to train and equip firefighters and other emergency responders.

    - American Progress, 9/16/04, [link]

     
    At 12:46 PM, Blogger M@ said...

    Ok, not really sure what that has to do with Bill Burkett being on HBO.

    Am I missing something?

    Cheers,
    M@

     

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home



    button

    The Other Side

    Blogger Philosophy 101
    oldpeople
    Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?
    ~James Thurber

    Art & Literature Links
  • Bookslut
  • Digital Journalist
  • Artloggia
  • Getty Images
  • Musarium
  • Exquisite Corpse
  • Powell's Independent Bookstore
  • I, Orhan Veli
  • Wielding the Red Pen
  • Artcyclopedia
  • Luciferous Logolepsy
  • Wired for Books

  • Stolen Blogroll

    Escape Hatches
    Blogs For Bush



    orhan

    For Free:

    We are living for free;
    The air is for free,
    The clouds are for free.
    Hills and dales are for free;
    Rain and mud are for free;
    The outside of cars,
    The entrance to movie houses,
    The store windows are for free;
    It is not the same as bread and cheese,
    But salt water is for free;
    Freedom will cost you your life,
    But slavery is for free;
    We are living for free,
    For free.

    ~Orhan Veli~

    powered by coffee, cigarettes & this guy, who works for peanuts.

    Powered by Blogger