< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.manifestcontent.net/" /> Manifest Content .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
manifest
Side of M@


PC


M@'s Links of Interest
  • Fark
  • Universe Today
  • NRO
  • The Onion
  • Warring Factions
  • Opinion Duel
  • Deviant Art
  • Communists4Kerry
  • Hitchens Web
  • Cagle's Cartoons
  • Word Detective
  • Victor Davis Hanson
  • RatherBiased
  • RatherGate


  • Other Things M@ Likes

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    M@'s Blogs of Note
  • The God of Typing
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Junkyard Blog
  • Instapundit
  • Punditchick
  • Evan Coyne Maloney
  • Protein Wisdom


  • M@ has a Blogroll



    Archives
    July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2005



    "The slovenliness of our language makes it easier for us to have foolish thoughts" ~ George Orwell





    "An effective way to deal with predators is to taste terrible." ~ Unknown

    Listed on BlogShares




    Thursday, July 29, 2004

    The 21st century: The Age of Simulation


    I happened to stumble knee deep into the world of the Sims last night. I searched high and low for a downloadable symbol of mortality, of all things. I finally found the one downloadable tombstone in 20 sites or more of all things Sims. The vicarious detail out there blew my mind! Of course, I did *not* find the giant stash that I was trying, in typical man fashion, to beat Kim to. She won though, as usual. More Sims tombstones than you have co-workers here at Ophelia's little site-a-ma-jiggie

    Maybe it will be easier for the next guy now.

    I was at Wal-mart earlier tonight while helping my buddy Eric move back in town. The 24 hour Wal-mart. A weird place to go at 1:00am or so. An interesting shrine to the free market outside at the vending machines. The America's Choice Knock -off "simulation" brand ran 25c. Yeah! Must be terrible, I thought. I'd rather pay the extra dollar and a half for the real Dr. Pepper, right? I'm a Pepper. I buy inta that whoooole thing. (I still reserve the right to scoff at advertising but i was imprinted with Dr.Pepper=wholesome and comforting at a young age) But look! The free market had forced Big Evil Cola, the suited bastards, to go to...*40c* a can! While everywhere else you're paying at least 60 cents at a vending machine, the bottom falls out of the market in a price war. So how much is Wal-mart losing to make Pepsi and Coke look bad in front of their store I wonder? I know it's only pennies but I was ready to pay the exhorbitant fee that they expect out of a thoroughly parched idiot with a pocket full of change in most places right? It made me smile, because it's a beautiful thing.

    I can't stop thinking. And so I type and surf. I came across the Word Detective last night. I venture that you've shown me this before, Kim. But I rediscovered it and found it worth repeating. I nominate it for linkage on the side but consider this a one post feature. Lots of interesting stuff there, hey! wow!

    This picture from Rambling's Journal has the funniest caption I've seen along with it so far. I don't think it makes it to the Dukakis level of campaign gaffes that Republicans want it to be but it doesn't take a genius to know that there's a photoshop contest going on as we speak. At least it didn't exist when the JibJab kids were making their video.


    posted by M@ at 2:52 AM   0 comments links to this post

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home



    button

    The Other Side

    Blogger Philosophy 101
    oldpeople
    Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?
    ~James Thurber

    Art & Literature Links
  • Bookslut
  • Digital Journalist
  • Artloggia
  • Getty Images
  • Musarium
  • Exquisite Corpse
  • Powell's Independent Bookstore
  • I, Orhan Veli
  • Wielding the Red Pen
  • Artcyclopedia
  • Luciferous Logolepsy
  • Wired for Books

  • Stolen Blogroll

    Escape Hatches
    Blogs For Bush



    orhan

    For Free:

    We are living for free;
    The air is for free,
    The clouds are for free.
    Hills and dales are for free;
    Rain and mud are for free;
    The outside of cars,
    The entrance to movie houses,
    The store windows are for free;
    It is not the same as bread and cheese,
    But salt water is for free;
    Freedom will cost you your life,
    But slavery is for free;
    We are living for free,
    For free.

    ~Orhan Veli~

    powered by coffee, cigarettes & this guy, who works for peanuts.

    Powered by Blogger